Search Box

Thursday, March 03, 2011

One Family's Story

from the grandma:

My first grandbaby was born Dec. 4. He was full term, and a healthy 6 lb 8 oz.
Long story short, he had only one lung, and half his heart wasn't developed, and
he died the next day. The compassion shown to my daughter and her boyfriend by
the hospital was amazing. And among the things the hospital gave them was a
little layette including crocheted blanket, white batiste gown, and crocheted
cap. I knew the hearts of the ladies who had made those and donated them, and
had never dreamed my daughter would be the recipient. It was heart-wrenching to
say goodbye to the little fellow so soon, but he was enveloped in beautifully
created things and he was gorgeous. Perfect. They made hundreds of photos of
him wrapped up in the blanket and wearing the little gown and cap, and now my
daughter has those things in a memory box for her sweet boy. He was buried in
another outfit because my daughter wanted to keep the sweet gown. I have seen
her hugging and patting and folding the items over and over since she came home
with empty arms.

Just know these gifts are priceless and do an important part in filling the

empty holes in families' hearts when a baby is lost. Thank you for the efforts
and time and love. I'm working on my first crocheted blanket to donate to the
hospital where my grandbaby died - the first of many.....

With lots of love, Marie

No comments: