Search Box

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Cyber Sewing Retreat!



Susan, from the yahoogroup known as Stashbusters, had a great idea!  How about a cyber-sewing retreat for Thanksgiving weekend?    Here's part of Susan's inviting note.  To see her blog, go to http://www.susanround.com


"The pumpkin pies just came out of the oven. The turkey is almost thawed and ready for an early roasting for dinner at 1pm. We’re having a dinner tonight (Wednesday) and another tomorrow. Then, it’s time for SEWING!
If you don’t have any plans for this long weekend, or if you want to join in once your meals are over, please sign in and lets see what we can finish in the next 4 days. Me? I’m handstitching binding on 2 Christmas quilts, and polishing up a few other projects.
Thanks to all of my cyber friends and supporters who continue to make my holidays much more fun with having these cyber sew-ins. I truly appreciate your companionship more than you’ll ever realize! I hope your Thanksgiving is full of love, humor, and lots of calories!" 

I'll join in -- I still have some finishing touches on our quilt project for the Southridge Nursing and Rehab facility, so this might just be the nudge I needed to get going!  (especially after the lethargy of eating too much today.)

Peace,   Donna

No comments: