Search Box

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Burial Bunting

Today I'm knitting a sweet little white burial bunting for a micro-preemie.  I don't know who this is for, but I always find that when a project is finished, sadly, it has a recipient.  Some precious little ones are too tiny or too delicate to be dressed in a regular manner, but we still want them to be wrapped lovingly and beautifully for mommy and daddy's sakes.  So I make small buntings of cloth or knitted/crocheted yarns as very tiny delicate burial pockets.  It's very emotional to work on them, but so very fulfilling at the same time.  There are prayers and tears woven in every fiber.

I will post a picture when it's finished. If it's not needed right away, it will be part of our display and information table at the Cleburne County Fair in Heber Springs, Arkansas from September 7-11.

No comments: