Search Box

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Velma Update

Janet (in blue) and Velma (in black) work on a nursing home quilt.
Tonight at church I learned that Velma is now in a nursing home, with regular visits from hospice caregivers.  I think I'll plan to regularly go sit quietly with her, knitting and visiting as she feels up to it.  Maybe I'll take a little CD player each time (can't just leave one there because things "disappear" unfortunately.)  Her husband and daughters (out of the area) have worked tirelessly to take good care of her and keep her home, but her condition is such that she needs more than they can provide, as much as they love her.  I know it breaks their hearts to not have her at home any more. 

Please join us as we pray for God's merciful peace as they travel through this difficult season of life.

Velma, we love you.

Chaplain Donna H.

No comments: